As you know we have been debating what we would like to do with trading for a while now, and the team and I have come with a near final decision on what we would like to do moving forward.
As indicated in our survey, players prefer to have more freedom when it comes to trading. We tried to come up with the best solution to provide the best experience to all our players.
How Trading will now work
- Cards up to 30% 2nd skill activation can be freely traded by anyone who is verified.
- All other cards, Skill Cards, Elements, Pets, Card Slot, Avatar Items, etc. can be freely traded between players.
- Trade Credit System
- Appearance & Card Information
- A new card will be introduced, (probably the User Shop card, not User Shop II) where the days in the card represent the amount of credit the card has.
- The "001" being the amount of credits left on the card.
- Purchasing the card from the GEN Coin shop will NOT stack.
- When trading an item with activation above 30%, for example, 33%, a "credit" from the card will be used.
- Credits will only be consumed by the SELLER, the BUYER will not need any trade credits.
- The amount of credits used will be dependent on the 2nd skill activation of the item. A table will be provided in the future when technical patch notes release.
- A memo will be sent when offering up the card, indicating how many Trade Credits will be consumed for the trade.
- Trade Credit card (User Shop Card) can be traded or sold via Auto User Shop, or through Trading.
- You can get more trade credits from the GEN Coin shop.
- RMT is allowed from this point forward through trading, so players can freely contact other players, use Discord #marketplace, or Trade chat on SPGENS to request purchasing of items with real currency.
- RMT is NOT covered by SPGENS, and we are not to be held liable for any trades. If a player scams you, that is your problem, and we will not provide any support (although the community may not be happy with scammers)
- We will be updating our Terms of Service soon, requiring all players to agree to the updated Terms of Service when joining the server.
We have decided to go with this method instead of taking a percentage of each RMT trade as it provides an automated system that doesn't require us to monitor or act as a middle man. We do not wish to get into the affairs of each players' trading habits, and instead prefer to impose these changes as a simpler means to trading.
- GM-Crow wishes to sell an item for USD to Sparrow.
- GM-Crow purchases 3 Trade Credits from the GEN Coin shop.
- GM-Crow trades with Sparrow, offering a 36% card for $50 USD.
- Sparrow sends the money to GM-Crow's PayPal.
- GM-Crow trades the 36% item over to Sparrow, consuming 2 Trade Credits.
How will we trade and sell for code?
Auto User Shop (F6) will still be available in conjunction with trading, so you can still negotiate to make deals. We will be making changes to User Shop in the future to allow more flexibility with listings.
- Option to remove items from Auto User Shop for a fee.
- Shorter expiry times for items listed on Auto User Shop to provide quicker, easier access to trading.
- Auto User Shop maximum item listings will change.
- Allows any item, up to 39% activation. The functionality will work exactly the way it does now.
- Items with high activation will be subject to a 'minimum price' to ensure items are priced accordingly.
Full details regarding pricing, Auto User Shop changes, Trade Credit "Card", and full technical usage of the system will be announced shortly. This is a short breakdown of how things will generally work (subject to minor changes).
- Team SPGENS